Thursday, January 21, 2010

Words

As of this evening, Cannon's vocabulary consists of the following words (which he started saying in approximately this order):

ball
bye bye
dog
bath
dada
mama
uh oh
cheese
shoes
banana (sort of; this is more like "buhlala", but it's pretty clear that's what he means)
teeth

These are all very typical of first words.  Except for the last one.  That one I find rather odd.  But hey, the reason he knows that word is because he loves to brush his teeth.  He doesn't much like it if I brush them, but he'd do it all day if he could.

And speaking of teeth, Rowan lost his first one this evening.  It was very exciting for all of us.  For me, it really felt for the first time like my boys are growing up.  Kemper was mostly jealous that he didn't have a tooth to leave out for the tooth fairy.  And Rowan was just glad to have the loose tooth not bothering him anymore.  I guess they really do grow up fast, don't they?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Did you remind Kemper that he lost the first baby tooth of the two boys, back when it got knocked out?

Kristin said...

I did, and that helped a bit. I pointed out that when he loses his first tooth naturally, we'll put the one that was pulled with it and he'll get a "twofer". Plus he has that twin tooth on the bottom, which will also count as 2 when it comes out.