Thursday, January 14, 2010

Love/Hate

One morning each week I have the privilege of driving carpool to school.  I take this opportunity to walk the boys down to the building, check the lost and found, and chat with staff members.  This is my favorite part of the week, as I get a glimpse of what they've been doing and hear stories from the staff.

The other day was one such day.  Rowan typically darts off the second we enter the building, while Kemper usually hangs around me and says he wants me to stay all day.  This time they both disappeared right away, leaving me in the entrance hall with Cannon as Hannah, one of the founders of the school, came in.  She said, "Oh, I have to tell you the funniest thing I saw last week.  Rowan was helping Kemper zip his coat, being all nice and helpful.  As soon as the coat was zipped, Rowan shoved Kemper so hard he fell over, then ran off to do something else."

Yep, that pretty much sums up their relationship.

No comments: