Thursday, June 18, 2009

Love You Too

Well, I've finally done it. I'm such a bad mommy that Kemper announced this morning, "I'm leaving and I'm never coming back!" as he left for school. You might be wondering what awful thing I did to prompt this. Well, I *gasp* asked him to clean up all of his Playmobil stuff from the living room floor so Cannon wouldn't eat the tiny pieces. I know, I'm a mean, horrible person. What was I thinking?!

(Rowan, by the way, had this to say in response: "Well, I guess we'll just be four again." How's that for brotherly love?)

But Kemper is so funny when he's really mad. He can make the most hurtful comments or the meanest faces. Of course, if we laugh at him, he goes through the roof. What was really funny this morning, though, was that as he was fastening his seat belt in the carpool car, he gave me his meanest scowl and in his deepest, grumpiest voice said, "Have a good day. I love you forever." I know he meant it, but part of it was simply that he is a creature of habit. A couple of months ago he got started on this "I love you forever" business at bedtime and when saying goodbye at school or when he leaves the house. So I know that the primary reason for the comment this morning was that if he hadn't said it, he would have been even more upset for breaking his routine.

No comments: